'What I Saw & How I Lied' By Judy Blundell Review

Dear Readers,

A Brilliant Read
I love books, like proper <3 them. I love reading, it is a shame that school work has caught up with me. But as  I do not have school today, I have decided to review a recent read. 

The book is  set in 1947 right after the second World War, and is centered on young fifteen year old Evie, who has always felt overshadowed by her mother's looks. Then her step father comes back from WW II, filthy rich and whisk the gals off to Florida. Here Evie meets a handsome ex-solider who served alongside her stepfather. With him she begins to learn to look behind the glitz and glamor, where she discovers darker secrets. Soon she is forced to make a somewhat life changing decision.

To be honest I don't usually go for books with such a sinister title, but I was intrigued by this one. And I for once am glad to have had enough curiosity to  read it.
It really isn't that surprising the book was Winner of the 2008 National Book Award in the Young People's Literature category.

The book is a mystery in a way, and although predictable, it was extremely compelling and thought evoking. The character are extremely vivid and realistic, we actually feel Evie's anguish and struggles. At the end I felt like I, myself had gone on a journey alongside Evie. Judy's book is truly a fantastic piece.

If you love mystery, romance and a just hint of danger. Then this is the book for you! 
 



That's all from me for now!

Make love, not war y'all!

XOXO

Lillian


Comments