Kpop Recommendation-Shinhwa

Dear readers,

Wassup, Lillian checking in after a few weeks' rest, today I felt the urge to write and am thus here writing about artist Shinhwa.
I'm really surprised I've never heard of this group until recently. Shinhwa really has an interesting history, in that they debutted in 1998. And are now considered Kpop's longest running boy band, and given the ideology that most bands fizz out after 3-5 years I was pleasantly surprised at how long they've been together, and even more surprising (well maybe not but still surprising) is that they have yet to lose any members. What's more is that each member has expanded their solo careers, but stayed together as one group. Given that they were managed temporarily by SM I was shocked that they were still all together [I'm just saying -_-] [apparently SM tried BUT FAILED to split this group]
I only know one member: Andy Lee as he manages Teen Top. But I have to say the rest I've never heard of, which is a real shame, because to me it's always intersting finding out about the roots of kpop-like recently I've been trying to listen to more Rain, as he's considered by many to be the King of Kpop (just a popular opinion). Either way they're a band that I will listen to a lot more or keep my eye on- because
a)their history is really interesting and i would love to know more
b)their new MV Sniper is amazing
c)they all seem pretty hot (I mean it'd be great to listen to a boygroup who's average age is higher than 30 who doesn't love a mature man)


I would try to summarize their music style, but as they have been going for such a long time, I doubt I could cover all bases, I doubt it...........  

Debut days for Shinhwa
If any of you have heeded my words and subscribed to JREKML on youtube who is one of my favourite reaction channels to visit. He recently did a reaction to Shinhwa's Sniper-I always want my first MV reaction to be just me. So of course, I watched the song by myself, and I really enjoyed it. The MV's concept befundled me to be honest. I have no idea what the plot line of the MV was, but the outfits they wore reminded me a lot of Rain's 30 sexy outfit towards the end. So just going on it aesthetically the MV really appealed to me.  Also it was really nice to see that the back up dancers were dressed as nicely as the main dancers, but I was still able to distinguish the band. The MV's direction felt clean, and slightly gothic without taking it to the extreme. Or rather it had an air of mysteriousness and maturity to it, I also love the constant whistling throughout the song, which added to it's mysterious air. The song was a simple R&B, hip hop song with rapping that actually felt like it fitted the song.
Also there was a girl for every member of the group which made me very happy.
Like I said I've only started to listen to them, and pay attention to them so I can't make a huge list of recommendations. But here are three songs I suggest that you listen to, because I really liked them:
Sniper
This Love
We can get it on

당신을 사랑합니다
Love you!
Listen to music it feels good
XOXO
Lillian Out! 


P.S Here's a little gift for you readers, I have no idea but if any of you readers are fans of anime then there is NO WAY you HAVEN'T heard of Attack on Titan. Here's a dance cover of This Love by Shinhwa done in  shingeki no kyojin cosplay.
Bringing two of my favorite things together anime cosplay and kpop XD



Comments