Reviwing an Anime Bleach

Review of the Anime Bleach

Too the many readers of my blog (hahaha*cynical laugh) I bet none of you knew I was a huge anime fan!And I've decided to review my favorite and first anime: Bleach! That's not say that there aren't any flaws in it, otherwise where would the fun in reviewing it be?
Firstly let me outline the plot: Ichigo Kurosaki is a 15year old boy with the ability to see spirits. However only he and his younger sister can do so. He considers this ability more of a bother than a gift (as you'll see in the first episode). One day he meets a Shinigami (Death God) named Rukia, who's on the run from a Hollow—a destructive spirit. Later on in the series you'll learn the different times of hollows and spirits. However whilst protecting civilians from the hollow, including Ichigo she is injured. As a last-minute measure, Rukia transfers her powers to Ichigo, who has a huge amount of spirit energy, and this ends up making him a far more potent Shinigami than she ever was! Soon Ichigo is vanquishing Hollows left and right, and meeting other friends at school with similar abilities. However, Rukia's transfer of power is forbidden by the Soul Society (the official name of the spirit world), and when their agents come to Earth to dish out the consequences, Ichigo finds that he might have to challenge the entire world of the dead to save her. This is just one of the many adventures and obstacles he'll end up coming against (aizen, aizen AIZEN!!!!) Don't mind me, watch the show and you'll understand what I mean by Aizen.
My point is the show is a pretty great way to enter the world of anime.  Great animation work means that the show's fight scene flow easily into one another. And boy are there a lot of fight scenes. Flashy but not so much so that they come across as overdone, this show (in my opinion) is definitely one of the best anime shows with fight scenes. Although you may have to get used to some of the cheesy music they use when it comes to the pinnacle of moments.
Speaking of music, what is a show without it's background music. I say really awkward, but seriously could you imagine it if TV shows didn't have their music how weird would that be. Cue weird mulling over things face. Back to Bleach, there music selection I've got say is one of the best I've seen. I've got at least half of the opening songs on my ipod, and laptop. The show's music is a great of personifying what the show is about, punchy, loud and something that's just a little gritty. It's diverse enough to keep you interested but has the usual awesome guitar riffs and punk like edge to it.
Image from the 1st Bleach film "Memories of Nobody'
Moving along, I want to talk about the characters. This is where it gets confusing. I love them, but dam sometimes they annoy me. Huh is your reaction. How about I straighten it out for you. Orange spiky haired Ichigo has all the normal traits of an anime hero. Brave, caring for others and willing to put it all on the line for something or someone he cares for. What you didn't see coming was the moodiness, the smart mouth and seemingly sanity of one street smart teenager. Equally his partner in crime Rukia, may give out the appearance of a sweet short young girl. But her sharp tongue and even sharper blade match well with Ichigo's personality, and they end up providing some of the snappiest dialogue in the show. Their comedic relationship is just one of the things that kept me tied to this show. Follow this up with supporting character Ichigo's rival (although he ends up having many as the show goes on) Ishida whose cool personality and fighting style can only be disrupted by the loudness of Ichigo's general, well everything. Add to the mix best friend Chad who huge build also ends up hiding a huge heart, and sweet Orihime (her sweetness is the real deal, this never ceases to amaze me, although her naive heart does annoy me at times) who actually ends up having a huge amount of strength, and Rukia's best friend Renji whose spiky red hair and red temper is one to compete with Ichigo's (maybe Rukia has a thing for hot headed red heads? who knows?) then you've got youself one helluva of a show with plenty of energy. Although I'll just throw in a few more names you may want to know, like stuffed-toy sidekick K-ON! (you're confused now wait till you actually watch the show), eccentric shopkeeper Urahara, the thirteen battle squads of Soul Society (learning them all is easier than you think), and that shining example of modern-day parenting, Ichigo's father. (are you sensing my sarcase if you did, good.) My point is even though they hold the stereotypical traits of most anime characters, they will surprise you at times.
And finally one more advantage of Bleach. It has 366 episodes altogether, 2 OVAs and 4 films made altogether. Plenty of anime to keep you entertained for a while I'd say. Not that I don't enjoy short anime shows, but this show was just too good to end after the first 50, 100 or 150 episodes. In fact I miss it right now sniff sniff. #sadface :(  :(  :(
I think I'll leave it at now, leave your comments at the bottom if you actually end up watching the show (pssttt you really should watch it)


XOXO

Lillian out!

P.S image at the bottom NOT what the show is about just something that is one of my favorite
moments in the show (watch it and you'll understand episode 41)



Comments

  1. When I watched it I was tempted by ichigo he has all the normal traits of an anime hero. Brave, caring for others and willing to put it all on the line for something or someone he cares for
    Local SEO Citations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Premium Stationery is essential for enhancing one's productivity and creativity. With elegant designs and high-quality materials, it reflects a sophisticated sense of style, much like the attention to detail seen in anime fashion. Utilizing top-notch stationery not only adds a touch of class to any workspace but also makes note-taking, planning, and organizing more enjoyable. Whether it's jotting down important notes or crafting personalized messages, premium stationery from Bobangles offers the perfect blend of fashion and function for everyday use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment