'Spud' by John Van de Ruit review

Dear readers,

Hello again, I have been away, abroad in fact. I have been busy skiing in Bulgaria. However during those cold nights (they weren't really cold after all, the room did have central heating) I had to do something. Technically I should have been revising, like how I should be revising now. However I had a fantastic book to read. Tired of reading teenage romances, I decided to pick up an entirely random book. At first, judging by the old and less sophisticated cover, I was tempted to drop it and go look for a classic Stephanie Meyer book. However determined to outdo my will, I signed the book out of the library.
Just minutes into the book I was laughing out loud. Books often drive me to tears, just not tears of joy. However the absurdity of some of the events in the book was just amazing.  To add the characters were loveable, Rambo, Mad Dog, Ghetto, Fatty etc etc My favorite character perhaps is the main character, John Milton otherwise known as Spud. He is seemingly the only sane person in the book, but during the book I was gratified that I was able to watch as his character changed. I loved this book. And despite the fact it was a comedy, it did hold a deeper meaning at the end. It had a moral, and an ending that settled leaving us, or at least me wanting more.
 A definite 10/10, or 5 star.    

Happy Reading!





Make love, not war y'all!

XOXO

Lillian

Comments